Frequently asked questions

For programs taught in English on Grenoble Campus. For programs taught in French, please visit our website.


  • Where is your school/campus located ?

Our school is located in the French Alps on Grenoble University campus.
  • Do I need to be able to speak French to study an English program in your school?

No, you do not, although speaking French is a plus for discovering the country!
  • Are French lessons offered as part of your English-language programs?

We offer French as a foreign language lessons as part of the BIM programme, and some of our Master’s programs.

  • When do your programs start ?

Our programs start early September.

  • Are your programs offered full-time or part-time?

Our Bachelor and Masters 2 programs are all full-time courses.
  • Are your programs available online?

Not for the moment.
  • Do you offer any Master 1 programs in English?

We only offer our Bachelor and Masters 2 programs in English for the moment.
  • Does the BIM apply to high school graduates?

The BIM is the 3rd year of an undergraduate program and applicants must already have studied two years in Business Administration, Management or Economics at university level.
  • Will the BIM allow me to study a Master's degree in another country ?

Yes, it will.
  • In view of the current health situation, are programs taught remotely or face-to-face?

Programs are currently taught remotely with a few courses offered face-to-face where possible. The face-to-face courses can also be followed remotely.
  • If I am studying remotely from my home country, do I still require a visa to study with you?

If you are studying remotely you do not need a visa, but as the situation may evolve rapidly and require you to study on campus, we recommend that your arrange for your study visa anyway:

Tuition fees

  • How much are tuition fees for your programs ?

You will find the tuition fees for our programs here.
  • Am I considered a European student if I am studying in Europe but come from a country outside the European Union?

You are only a European student if you are originally from an UE member state.

  • Do the fees include housing in Grenoble?

Our fees are tuition fees only and do not include housing. For more information
  • What is the average cost of living for an international student in Grenoble?

The average cost of living in France for a student is around 700€/month.

  • What funding options are available?

You can find the funding options for our programs here

  • What are the payment options for tuition fees (cash, check etc.)?

You may pay by credit card, international bank transfer or check. We do not accept cash.

  • Can I pay my tuition fees in installments?

Yes ! Information will be given on enrolment.
  • Am I entitled to apply for an exemption for the differentiated fees for non-EU students?

If you are a non-EU student you may apply for an exemption of the differentiated fees based on social criteria. A committee will consider these applications in November of the academic year, which means that you must pay your fees at the beginning of the year (in 1 or 6 installments). The committee may exempt (partially or totally) some students based on social criteria within the limit determined by current regulations.The school is not able to exempt all students.
If your application is successful you will receive a partial or total refund of fees paid.
Upon request you will be sent a list of documents to provide online, and will receive a link to upload them at the end of August.
Applications open: Friday 27th August
Application deadline: Sunday 26th September

Applying to Grenoble IAE

  • What is the application process for your programs ?

All students must apply using the eCandidat platform (usually from early to end April)
In addition, students residing in the following countries listed below must complete their application at the same time on Campus France website
Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi Cameroon, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire,  Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Haïti, India,   Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Peru, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, United States and Vietnam.

The application file will be reviewed by an Admission Board made up of teachers from the program.

  • Can the deadline be extended ?

The application deadline cannot be extended.
  • When is the application deadline ?

The application calendar is available on our website here.
  • What documents are required to apply to your programs ?

You will need copies of the following :
  • Résumé
  • Cover letter
  • Copy of valid ID card or passport
  • Baccalaureat or equivalent transcript of records
  • Post baccalaureat transcript of records
  • Reference letter writter by an academic (for Bachelor in Management English Track ONLY)
  • Proof of an English Language test level B2 (Bachelor & Masters) taken after 01/01/2021, UNLESS you are a native English speaker or your entire degree was taught in English.
  • Do I need to provide proof of a French language test for a program that is entirely taught in English ?

No, only proof of at least a B2 level in English for programs taught in English
  • If my previous studies were taught entirely in English and/or I have lived in an English-speaking country, do I need to provide the English test?

No, you do not, but you will need to include a statement explaining why they are not sending the results of an English test.
  • What are the criteria for being considered a continuing education student?

Students who have had a break in their studies of at least 2 years:
Students who are currently employed;
Job seekers;
Applicants who have been accepted due to professional achievement & experience;
Students previously registered as continuing students;
Students seeking a vocational training contract.
Published on  April 16, 2021
Updated on February 24, 2023